- Participate in HR projects (e.g., help organize a job fair event) Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the organizations human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Provides support and guidance to HR generalists, management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Organize and maintain personnel records; Update internal databases (e.g. record sick or maternity leave)
- Prepare HR documents, like employment contractsand new hire guides; Revise company policies
- Liaise with external partners, like insurance vendors, and ensure legal compliance; Create regular reports and presentations on HR metrics (e.g. turnover rates)
- Answer employees’ queries about HR-related issues; Assist payroll department by providing relevant employee information (e.g. leaves of absence, sick days and work schedules); Arrange travel accommodations and process expense forms
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Specific Training
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly desired.
- A minimum of five years of human resource management experience preferred.
- Experience as Human Resources in a BPO
- Experience overseeing mass recruitment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
- Solid understanding of HR practices and labor legislation
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read and comprehend regulatory compliance and/or technical documents
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Must be able to provide guidance and leadership to coworkers in area of expertise
- Ability to report and communicate KPI’s and potential non-compliance issues
- Strong organizational skills, ability to organize other resources effectively and establish and communicate priorities
What we offer
An opportunity to learn and grow, a competitive salary, one of the best offices in Nigeria, an international team, and challenging projects.