Strength, Compassion, and Solidarity Amid Troubled Times
As the ongoing conflict in Ukraine escalates, Teleperformance remains committed to contributing humanitarian aid to the people who require immediate care and support, not only to those in Ukraine but also to refugees who have fled to neighboring countries.
To respond to the urgent needs of people affected by the conflict in Ukraine, Teleperformance has partnered with the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) to help their humanitarian efforts in Ukraine. Teleperformance has donated 500,000 USD, which will aid the ICRC as it continues to uphold its mission of protecting the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and violence and provide them with assistance.
The crisis in Ukraine has been devastating for civilians living under continuous conflict. Currently, most people trapped in areas impacted by the hostilities have no access to basics such as water, food, and electricity. Mental health support has also become a great need for those who have been traumatized as a result of psychological distress. Hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians are seeking refuge in neighboring countries.
The ICRC has been supporting people affected by conflict in Ukraine for almost eight years, and its support is even stronger today. Florence Gillette, ICRC’s Head of Delegation in Ukraine, stated: "When it comes to ICRC, we reiterate that we are here to stay, bearing in mind that the security of our staff remains our first priority. Amid the troubled times Ukraine and its people are going through, ICRC will continue to work, hand in hand with affected communities to respond to the big needs."
Teleperformance’s contribution will support the ICRC and its staff in Ukraine as they respond to urgent humanitarian needs. To date, the ICRC’s urgent action in Ukraine has resulted in:
- Together with the Ukrainian Red Cross Society, facilitating the safe passage of thousands of civilians out of Sumy, many of them women and children
- Kits delivered for use in emergency hospitals in Kyiv. Each kit treats 50 individuals with trauma, burn, and gunshot injuries
- Food, water, and hygiene items distributed to displaced people in Mariupol
- SIM cards handed over to families separated by the conflict to help them be in touch with one another
- Water provided to a hospital in Dokuchaevsk
- Water provided to a municipality in Donetsk
- Drinking water provided to people residing in Donbas
- Additional approximate 140 staff deployed, joining a workforce in-country of about 600
- Temporary accommodation placed along the borders, offered to those who seek shelter and respite. ICRC volunteers also distributed food, water, bedding, clothes, basic items, and psychological care to those crossing the borders
Solidarity with Ukraine
As Teleperformance remains united under a common humanitarian commitment, we are driven by generosity, care, and compassion to all. Teleperformance employees have also shown support and solidarity with Ukraine. A donation page has been created on the ICRC’s webpage exclusively for Teleperformance employees who would like to contribute to the cause. To date, we have received a significant sum from donations made by our employees all over the world.
Teleperformance will continue to offer help and support to those in need. Together with the ICRC, we aspire to spread care and hope during difficult times. We would like to thank our employees who have shown generosity and selflessness to our Ukrainian brothers and sisters. We are grateful to you as we all strive to make this world a better and safer place for all.
Visit https://www.icrc.org/en/donate/teleperformance-ukraine to help ICRC in their efforts of protecting the lives of people in Ukraine.
Header image: Yevgen Nosenko (ICRC)