MESSAGE FROM THE CHAIRMAN AND CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
As a proud signatory of the United Nations Global Compact, Teleperformance is dedicated to respecting and protecting the environment across all our operations and business activities.
In February 2020, the World Economic Forum announced that, for the first time in its history, the five most probable global risks all relate to climate change and the environment. Covid-19 has also highlighted the urgent need to adopt more environmentally friendly and sustainable practices in the global economy and has amplified the call for transparency surrounding environmental factors in corporate strategy and governance. The COP26 United Nations Climate Change Conference only reaffirmed the aim of the Paris agreement and the urgent need to accelerate its implementation.
Our environmental policy, which is available on the Group's intranet and extranet, serves as an indispensable resource for all Teleperformance Workforce Members, clients, suppliers, and other stakeholders. It outlines all our environmental commitments and obligations, as well as our expectations of stakeholders when entering a relationship with us.
Over the decades, Teleperformance has progressively assumed more responsibility for environmental causes in the communities where we live and work and for the world in general. We only have one planet, and we all need to protect it for our following generations. It is clear we have to ACT TODAY if we want the world to have a decent FUTURE in 50 years… and our children to have a future.
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
The purpose of this Environmental Policy (the “Policy”) is to provide guidelines to ensure that the companies of Teleperformance Group (the “Companies” or, individually, a “Company”) implement and enforce leading environmental practices and procedures, including reducing their environmental impact in their operations and across their value chain, raising employee and stakeholder awareness, while making efforts to support the circular economy and responsible procurement.
Teleperformance’s worldwide presence increases its exposure to climate change and to geopolitical risks and health crises, including epidemics and natural disasters. The Group began its approach to sustainable development and the fight against climate change in 2008 with the launch of the Citizen of the Planet (COTP) program, which aims to promote responsible and environmentally friendly operations. The Group’s environmental initiative, Citizen of the Planet, is fully sponsored and supported by the Chairman of the Board of Teleperformance Global Group.
SCOPE OF APPLICATION
This Policy applies to all of Teleperformance’s operations and transactions, at the local, national, regional and/or international level and to all stakeholders, including individuals that perform work or otherwise provide services for any Teleperformance subsidiary, such as, but not limited to, full-time and part-time employees, contractors, temporary employees, staffing agencies, and vendors (“Workforce Members”) and third parties that can be affected because of their relationship with the Companies.
Teleperformance commits to comply with all relevant compliance obligations to which the organization subscribes; while also seeking to continually improve our environmental systems to minimize the environmental impacts of our operations and value chain.
The Group’s commitments are in line with the UN Global Compact, which Teleperformance joined in 2011. The Group ensures that all of its subsidiaries apply and comply with the UNGC’s fundamental principles. The Group has also committed to contributing towards the achievement of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
In 2021, the Group decided to ramp up its own climate ambitions by committing to the Science-Based Targets initiative (SBTi). The Science-Based Targets initiative is a partnership between the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP), the United Nations Global Compact, the World Resources Institute (WRI) and the World Wildlife Fund (WWF). The SBTi is an international body that validates companies’ carbon trajectories using a proven and globally recognized scientific method. This involves adopting a greenhouse gas emissions reduction target in line with the objectives of the Paris agreement, namely to limit the average global temperature increase over preindustrial levels to well below 2°C, and to continue efforts to limit global warming to 1.5°C.
The Group has set ambitioustargetsto reduce both Scope 1 and Scope 2 carbon emissions(carbon emissions generated in the Company’s operations), as well as Scope 3 emissions (carbon emissions generated in the Company’s value chain), related to purchased goods and services, employee commuting and business travels.
We, at Teleperformance, have set the following core principles and objectives to meet our environmental and sustainable goals:
EMPLOYEES & KEY STAKEHOLDERS
- Perform Due Diligence analyses to identify potential negative impacts of the company’s decisions on Environmental, Social and Economic areas.
- Create awareness among all our employees on the environment protection through various employee engagement programs, trainings, and awareness campaigns.
- Communicate the environment policy to all the Workforce Members, and business partners and make sure it is available to public.
- Conserve natural resources by improving resource efficiency – energy, fuel & water.
- Identify energy saving initiatives within our operations to reduce the Group’s energy consumption and related Group’s Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions.
- Increase the adoption of renewable energy.
- Reduce the impact linked to commuting, by promoting the usage of work-at-home, use of public transportation and recommend carpooling.
- Limit as much as possible air travel across all our Company operations by encouraging virtual meeting platforms.
• Integrate environmental considerations as a criterion while selecting the new office infrastructure.
• The Company is to set, monitor, benchmark and review the performance of the objectives and targets on regular basis to ensure the Groups’ environmental objectives are being met.
• Conduct management reviews to evaluate the environmental performance of the Company operations and set action plans at least on annual basis.
• Reduce our carbon footprint (CF) in both absolute and intensity across all company operations and track the performance on regular basis.
• Reduce the environmental footprint of our IT infrastructure and operations including data centers through Green IT Initiatives and Record Retention Program.
• Strive towards Green Procurement of all the products we purchase for our business operations.
• Engage vendors and contractors on environment sustainability through trainings and awareness campaigns; develop pre-qualification criteria and integrate the environmental considerations in the contractual conditions to collaboratively achieve our objectives of greening supply chain.
• Review the Environmental Policy periodically to ensure its continuing applicability and relevance in our business operations.
• Adopt the principles of circularity for sustainable waste management in our business operations through waste minimization and reduction at source, sorting, recycling, and responsible disposal as per the regulatory requirements and/or industry best practices.
• Measure waste generation from our operations.
• Reduce waste from equipment packaging by engaging with vendors and encouraging internal recycling when possible.
• Reduce single use plastics from our offices and catering services.
• Strive to reduce electronic waste by encouraging refurbishing first and recycling or donation for equipment at the end of their useful life in the Group.
Teleperformance is dedicated to setting the best standards and adhering to sustainable practices in order to make a positive impact on the planet and therefore, strive to fulfil its environmental commitments as a truly responsible global corporate citizen.
The Board of Directors oversees the organization’s climate change strategy, approach and performance. It is chaired by the Group Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. The CSR committee is responsible for ensuring that the Policy is implemented, and sufficient resources are available to meet the objectives and targets of this Policy.
The Executive Committee ensures that Group facilities operate efficiently and, among other things, examines their energy performance. They ensure the proper implementation of environmental objectives at the subsidiaries and accelerate transition.
The Group CSR Department is responsible for measuring and monitoring the GHG emissions and developing concrete action plans to reduce them, periodically reviewing the Environmental Policy, and ensuring its consistent application throughout the Group.
Country Managing Directors through the local Environmental Committees are responsible for the practical implementation and control of their Environmental System.
COTP ambassadors are responsible for collating all relevant environmental data and reporting this on a monthly basis.
All Workforce Members are responsible for meeting the aims and objectives within their respective areas.
Progresses against these objectives are monitored through quarterly reviews and annual benchmarking reports at a country level and annually at a group level. Those progresses are audited and made public on an annual basis through the Group’s reporting.
We encourage Teleperformance Workforce Members and stakeholders to use the established channels to report, including the Global Ethics Hotline, their manager, the Compliance department, when they personally -- acting in good faith, reasonably and selflessly -- believe that potential breaches to this Policy have taken place, are taking place or are about to take place. Reports will be investigated in accordance with the procedures set forth in the Global Ethics Hotline Policy and actions put in place to remediate and mitigate any adverse environmental impacts.
The Global Ethics Hotline Policy and information about the Global Ethics Hotline are available on the Group intranet and corporate website.
In case Teleperformance has caused or contributed to adverse environmental impacts, we commit to provide for or cooperate in remediation to victims and engaging in a continuous improvement process to prevent similar adverse impacts in the future.
TELEPERFORMANCE UNDERLYING POLICIES AND STATEMENTS
The Environmental Policy should be read in conjunction with Teleperformance’s underlying policies and statements found in the Group’s corporate policies intranet page:
• Teleperformance Code of Conduct
• Teleperformance Code of Ethics
• Teleperformance Compliance Policy
• Teleperformance Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-terrorist Financing Policy
• Teleperformance Gifts and Hospitality Policy
• Teleperformance Third-Party Risk Management Policy
• Teleperformance Global Ethics Hotline
• Teleperformance Human Rights Policy
• Teleperformance Vigilance Plan
• Teleperformance Diversity and Inclusion Policy
• Teleperformance Health and Safety Policy
• Teleperformance Record Retention Policy
For more information: teleperformance.com